The Jam Starts at 5PM - we will be registering people from about 4.45PM
Please see web link below for the programme (its a link on that page) or look at the PDF attached to the web page here (below)
The Department of Computer Science is located on Upper Campus - see
Parking will be available in Parking Area P6 (refer to the Upper Campus map), turn in just before the access boom. P6 is atthe extreme right on the map.
The Jam will be happening in Rm 2.03, on the second floor. You can enter from the from or back (Cissy Gool Plaza). If you enter from the front, go up the stairs to your left - the room is to your right. The floor is being renovated - so do not cross the security tape (!)
***** Registration is now CLOSED ****
*** GameMaker HTML5 free for GGJ use - promo codes available(20) at event
See http://www.yoyogames.com/gamemaker/global_game_jam/ for software download
codes will be distributed on a 1st come first serve basis for those who want
* URL for more information on Cape Town Jam:
Please see instructions there (or below) on registration.
* the entrance fee goes towards costs for providing meals over 2-3 days - this does leave us very short though, so any suggestions for sponsors would be most welcome.
* the event is open to everyone, as long as you are 'legal' (!) - 18+
* to use the UCT network infrastructure, we'll need to get people to register for temporary network access. Details will be clarified later.
* We have decided not to provide any machines this year since no one uses them and it's a problem to configure them. Please bring your own laptops/PC's, with whatever software you wish installed. We will make a local software repository available with more popular dev software.
* NOTE1: once you have registered here, please send an email to me (patrickcs [dot] uct [dot] ac [dot] za) stating your name as well as you dietary preferences for catering purposes (halaal, vegetarian, etc)
* NOTE2: As part of the above-mentioned email, please also state whether you will be participating in the computer game or board game creation event.
* NOTE3: while there is security on Campus, any equipment brought onto UCT property is done so at your own risk. The University accepts no liability for any loss or theft, so please be vigilant.