IGDA Philadelphia Center City Hosted by IndyHall
Site notes can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EQpvjVu0bxBuE9-iGhc1vDejHWkEdkS9fPv6...
!!! This is a BYOT (Bring Your Own Technology) site !!!
You will need to bring your own equipment or tools in order to participate in Global Game Jam at IndyHall. If you can bring it, you can use it!
A HUGE thank you to all of our 2012 sponsors!
- Location Sponsors: Indy Hall and Camden County College
- Full Screen Sponsors: Cipher Prime & Disk Makers
- Shared PLUS Screen Sponsors: AMI Entertainment, Microsoft
- Shared Screen Sponsors: Island Officials, Play Eternal, Too Many Games
- Board Game Sponsor: Rolco Games
- Food Sponsor: PopChips!
A FEW OPPORTUNITIES LEFT: http://bit.ly/IGDAPhillyGGJ2012Sponsorship
things to consider bringing:
- computers, monitors, keyboards, mice
- Ethernet cables
- power strips
- Artist or musician? What equipment/software will you need to do your thing? Make sure you bring it!
- Plan to make a non-digital (card/board) game? What type of things would you make it out of? BRING IT!
Comfort / Sleeping
- chair (if you don't want to sit on a folding chair all weekend)
- blow up mattress / cot / sleeping bag / something to sleep on (if you plan to snooze and don't want to be on the concrete floor)
- ear plugs / sleeping mask
- if you would like to dine on something besides take-out, consider bringing some snacks
The site has:
- hard-wired AND wireless internet available
- a fridge and microwave
- access to showers if pre-arranged -- bring your toiletries if you'd like to use them
- a variety of delivery/take-out menus to choose from
- numerous restaurants and bars nearby: http://bit.ly/aNpdDs
The space is handicap accessible.
This site is easily accessible via SEPTA and PATCO.
SEPTA Market - Frankfort (Blue) Line
The Market-Frankfort Line has stops at both 5th Street and Penns Landing (2nd Street). The site is a 2.5 block walk from 5th Street and a 1.5 block walk from 2nd Street
Various buses go back and forth near 3rd and Market; please check maps and schedules to determine the best route for you to get to 3rd & Market
Take PATCO to 8th & Market. From there you can bus, take the SEPTA Market-Frankfort line or walk to IndyHall at 3rd & Market
Looking for parking near the site? Here's a list of nearby lots according to the Philadelphia Parking Authority: http://bit.ly/cQPhT5