Becoming a Sponsor
We are actively seeking sponsors in all category levels for Global Game Jam 2012, which is scheduled to take place January 27-29, 2012. For more information, or to receive our sponsorship kit, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org. Donations will be used to pay for logistics, advertising, marketing and general cost of pulling off a global event of this magnitude.
The Global Game Jam (tm) is an IGDA event meant to bring the game development community together across all physical boundaries into a yearly creative weekend where people make great games.
- Access. Access to some of the most innovative, creative and talented minds in Video Games.
- Exposure. Your product will be exposed to people who are most likely to use your products or be influenced by your brand. For software and middleware companies, you will reach those who influence the purchase and use of your products in their studio, lab or upcoming Indie project. For publishers, the GGJ offers a way to reach the game development community through its next generation of creators.
- Opportunity. The Global Game Jam is a unique Idea space, where the next innovation in game play will possibly be developed.
- Education. Adding to the collective global goodwill experience by helping the GGJ and the IGDA Education SIG brings unique opportunities in education to students and educators, by providing them an opportunity to know you and know your product/service or brand.
Sponsorship money goes toward things such as logistics, marketing, operations, and opportunities to present the games at international conferences. Our goal is to promote rapid prototyping, iterative design, collaboration and game studies while uniting the game development community in a giant experiment in creativity. We are only able to accomplish this task with generous sponsorship from companies such as yours. Our corporate sponsorship packet is downloadable with information about GGJ website, news articles from major magazines and links to the various social media outlets utilized during GGJ.
All solicited funds must be made out to the International Game Development Association (IGDA) – earmarked for the Global Game Jam. The IGDA is an independent, non-profit membership association and is recognized as a 501(c) 6 tax-exempt organization by the US Internal Revenue Service and as a mutual benefit non-profit association under California-state law. Donations may be deductible as a marketing/business expense, not a charitable expense, it is best to confer with your tax preparer.
Sponsorship in the form of merchandise, services and or product donations must be available to all GGJ locations and will be recognized through similar means. Please contact email@example.com for additional information. Corporate banners and promotional items must be shipped no later than January 5, 2012, to the host site at your expense (location of host sites will be made available prior to event). We suggest a green approach, please consider digital distribution and we can help you coordinate with local vendors for any production needs.
- Logo Delivery Instructions: Please e-mail your logo as a high resolution .eps file and, if possible, at least 3” wide at 300 ppi.
- Logos must be received no later than December 1, 2011 for inclusion on the official event T-shirt.
- Sponsors will have 24 hours to review any Press Releases mentioning them.
Local sponsorships are also available. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for contact information. Only global sponsors will appear on the main Global Game Jam website.