Welcome to the Global Game Jam Wiki
This will be the main entry into the GGJ Wiki. At the moment all registered users have the ability to create and edit wiki pages, but only editors can delete them.
Basic Info for Site Organizers and Jam Participants
- Who is this site for?
- When is the Global Game Jam?
- What is a Game Jam?
- What is the Global Game Jam?
- Do I need to come to GGJ with a team already formed?
- Do I need special skills to participate in GGJ?
- Is the GGJ only for professionals?
- What is required to host a location?
- Why is the GGJ held often at many universities?
- What is the typical day to day schedule for the GGJ?
- How do I log into the site?
- How do I tell the system my location and full name information?
- My Jam Site isn’t in the list of locations in my profile!
- I am the site organizer, how do I register my location?
- I am a site organizer, how do I create team accounts?
- Who owns the intellectual property of games made during GGJ?
- Is there a cut-off date as to when we can join the Global Game Jam?
Global Game Jam Manual
- Scope: how big do you want your gamejam to be?
- Content: Theme, Competition, Restraints, Tracks?
*See Achievements used for January 2012
- Venue: your building & facilities
- Venue: Hardware
- Venue: Software
- Version Control System
- Online Registration
- The program for the GGJ
- Infobooth and registration
- Group Forming
- Web Cam/ ustream.tv
- Hand-in Procedure
- Awards, Presentations & Show
- The Wrap-up
Other GGJ Topics
All rights reserved 2012-2013, Global Game Jam